You never know when you might be called upon to write up the minutes from a meeting. It is therefore crucial to know how to be able to effectively relay the key ideas and points that capture the outlined objectives. To provide you with a simple check-list then consider the following points:
- Ensure the room is prepared properly with seating, refreshments, lighting and technology
- Ensure that you are personally prepared, and that you understand the type of minutes required
- Stay focussed, and avoid distractions
- Use a glossary of terms based on your organisations standard jargon and the contents of any documents under discussion
- Write up the minutes as soon as possible and within 48 hours
If you could do with a bit of a refresher and/or acquire some essential new skills for writing minutes then see details about the next Taking Minutes at Meetings course on Friday 19 October.