Time is of the essence and from amidst shifting patterns in recruitment and investment across the globe it is a constant challenge to develop skills, achieve crucial CPD (Continued Professional Development), and to create a competitive advantage for both individuals and organisations.
To help students access their training options in a quick and efficient way the Jersey International Business School has produced an e-book format for their new 2013 prospectus, which offers a wide range of qualifications and training solutions for competing in a global market place. The new e-book, along with a downloadable PDF, can be accessed at www.jerseyibs.com
From amongst the 31 qualifications* available at the school, a number are specifically tailored to the needs of investment business professionals. As time runs out for retail investment advisers to achieve RFA/RDR compliance [the JFSC’s Review of Financial Advice stipulates a deadline of 1 January 2014] there are a number of routes that can be taken to achieve compliance and these will be outlined at a free RFA/RDR Briefing Session on Tuesday 8 January from 12pm-1pm.
Chris Usher, Senior Lecturer adds,
“This major change in regulation means that advisers can no longer ignore the fact that they need to hold a Level 4 qualification by the end of next year. For those who sat their PCIAM exam recently this will mean simply following a structured CPD gap fill, which can be completed online; for others this will involve a professional qualification that could take up to 12months. If anyone is in doubt about their position then I am offering individual consultation sessions on 10 and 30 January 2013. Time really is running out.”
As industry regulations evolve and the recession continues, training needs and budgets have also gone through a change. At a minimum, professional know how and expertise needs to be maintained and so in response to client needs the Business School has developed two new seminar series to help professionals achieve their Continued Professional Development (CPD):
- The Anti-Money Laundering CPD Series covers practical and relevant topics such as FATCA, CDD (Customer Due Diligence), E-Discovery, Data Protection and JFSC Updates. As a flexible option for students, each seminar will run three times a day from 08.00-09.00, 13.00-14.00 and 16.00-17.00 and starts on 28 February 2013. Sold as a series at £395 or as individual sessions at £45. Discount available for JCOA members.
- The Investment Business CPD Series is designed for holders of the Statement of Professional Standing (SPS) who must complete 35hours of structured CPD each year. It consists of 10 two hour sessions and one bonus session, featuring leading industry practitioners who will offer invaluable insight. Sold as a series at £595 and starts 7 February 2013.
Chris Elliott, Operations Director, comments,
“2012 has been an exceptional year of change and we are delighted to have been able to help student’s achieve their goals throughout that period. Achievements extend from students sitting their PCIAM exams in July and achieving a 100% pass rate, to welcoming the first intake of undergraduates on to the BSc (Hons) International Financial Services degree launched earlier this year in collaboration with The University of Buckingham.”
“I hope that the new format 2013 Prospectus being offered as an e-book will help our students to easily access the information they need in what is going to continue to be a very busy time for everyone. ”
If you would like to book a place on courses, or at the briefing session or consultation sessions then contact email@example.com or call 816338.
* The Business School offers a broad range of globally recognised professional qualifications, exclusively from the ICA and CLT, and including CISI, IMC and the CMI amongst others. The 2013 prospectus offers:
- 3 degree programmes, including a new 2-year undergraduate full degree awarded by The University of Buckingham in BSc (Hons) International Financial Services, two part-time degrees awarded in association with The University of Manchester Business School
- 31 professional qualifications
- 6 certificated awareness programmes
- 3 CPD seminar series
- e-Learning in AML for Trust and Corporate Service Providers
- 29 short courses
- The Annual Compliance & Economic Crime Symposium